Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Crispy, crunchy veggies fried with a light tempura. Eating your greens never tasted so good!
Vegetable oil, for deep frying
2 pieces shimeji mushroom, thinly sliced
2 pieces red capsicum, thinly sliced
2 pieces zucchini, thinly sliced
2 pieces eggplant, thinly sliced
2 pieces sweet potato, thinly sliced
2 pieces pumpkin, thinly sliced
1 pinch curry powder
3 tsp salt
Tempura batter mixture
1 tbsp KEWPIE Mayonnaise
¾ cup tempura batter mix
200ml soda water, chilled
Tempura flour mixture
2 tsp curry powder
2 tbsp tempura flour
1. To make the batter mixture, place tempura batter in a bowl. Make a well in the centre, and add mayo and soda water. Use chopsticks to whisk gently until just combined.
2. Mix curry powder and tempura flour in another bowl.
3. Add enough oil to a large sauce pan over high heat to 175°C. Dip the vegetable into the flour mixture to for a light coat, one at a time, then dip into the flour and shake off any excess. Deep fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
4. Rest the vegetables on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
5. Sprinkle of curry powder and salt to serve.